Karunakaran ministry allotted land to Soman, says VS


THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: I didn’t allot land to my relative T K Soman, said opposition leader V S Achuthanandan. Talking to reporters here after giving his statement to the vigilance, he said the Karunakaran ministry in 1977 allotted land to him.


Soman was transferred to Delhi when three acres of land was allotted to him during the ministry of K Karunakaran. When he approached the concerned authorities after three years, they said the land has been sold off.


Later 2.33 acres in Kasargod was given to him but a condition was set that only after 25 years, he can sell the land.


VS said, “Soman, a distant relative of me and an ex-serviceman, approached the government during the tenure of my chiefministerhip citing the injustice meted to him. The cabinet directed the then revenue minister K P Rajendran to take necessary steps. The government decided not to implement the order as the officials pointed out some mistakes. Other than that, no land was allotted to him.”


Baseless allegation is leveled against me to seek revenge as I’ve registered cases against the accused in palmolein and ice cream cases, he said.

No comments: